X

Slide Guide Wear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Guide Wear

Here are some pics of new, 8300 mile, and 36000 mile slide guides along with wear measurements:

new: http://www.moto-lab.com/gallery/view?itemid=262
    8300 miles: http://www.moto-lab.com/gallery/view?itemid=263
    36000 miles: http://www.moto-lab.com/gallery/view?itemid=264

Scroll down for descriptions/data. Click for high res view.

Regards,

Derek

Originally posted by moto View Post
    Here are some pics of new, 8300 mile, and 36000 mile slide guides along with wear measurements:

new: http://www.moto-lab.com/gallery/view?itemid=262
    8300 miles: http://www.moto-lab.com/gallery/view?itemid=263
    36000 miles: http://www.moto-lab.com/gallery/view?itemid=264

Scroll down for descriptions/data. Click for high res view.

Regards,

Derek
    Welcome to KR!

Didn't see prices listed with those parts.... You got a price list available?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Welcome to KR!

Didn't see prices listed with those parts.... You got a price list available?

Krey
      Is it OK for me to post that here?

Regards,

Derek

Comment

Is it OK for me to post that here?

Regards,

Derek
        Management may frown upon unsolicited business spamming, but I'm asking for it... so it's request.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Management may frown upon unsolicited business spamming, but I'm asking for it... so it's request.

Krey
          OK then:

List is for BST36 carbs

Slide guides, $41.24 ea. (in stock)

Emulsion tubes, OEM, $27.23 ea. (5-7 days out)

Rebuild kit, containing float bowl gasket, float needle, float seat o-ring, cold start enrichment pipe o-ring, vacuum port o-ring, pilot screw o-ring and slide guide o-ring, $15.18 ea. (in stock)

Slide guide o-ring by itself (in case you don't want a kit), $1.70 ea. (in stock)

Float needle by itself (in case you don't want a kit), $8.51 ea. (in stock)

Pilot jets, $4.44 ea. (all sizes in stock)

Main jets, $2.88 ea. (all sizes in stock)

Air correctors, $2.88 ea. (all sizes in stock)

Float bowl drain screws, inner, $3.01 ea. (in stock)

Float bowl drain screws, outer, $9.73 ea. (5-7 days out)(inbound shipping due)

Stainless steel socket head cap float bowl & rack screws, $0.54 ea. (in stock)

Stainless steel socket head cap diaphragm cover screws, $0.51 ea. (in stock)

Jet kit, Factory Pro, stainless needles, for use with stock or drop in aftermarket filter, $107.21 (1 day out)(inbound shipping due)

Jet kit, Factory Pro, stainless needles, for use with individual filters, $107.21 (1 day out)(inbound shipping due)

K&N drop in filter, $81.89 (1 day out)

K&N individual filter set, $90.57 (1 day out)

Jet needle, OEM, $10.26 ea. (49 state or cal)(5-7 days out)(inbound shipping due)

Float height tool, $44.52 (in stock)

Carb synchronizing tool, manometer type, Motion Pro, $91.25 (1 day out)
          or
          Carb synchronizing tool, gauge type, economy, $81.19 (1 day out)

ND Iridium plugs, $10.50 ea. (in stock)

Anything else, let me know and I'll quote.

Regards,

Derek
          Last edited by moto; 10-22-2009, 12:48 AM.

Comment

why, when you look at the last one compared to the first two, the bottom is completely differant?

Comment

Thanks Derek!

There are alot of people who ask just for "rebuild kits". I have a question... the parts you inlcude in that... would that not work for the bst33 carbs as well (mainly orings and gaskets right?)...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

There are alot of people who ask just for "rebuild kits". I have a question... the parts you inlcude in that... would that not work for the bst33 carbs as well (mainly orings and gaskets right?)
                Indeed, it appears that the gasket and various o-rings are the same for the '90-'97 Katana 600 BST33s as they are for the up to '97 Katana 750 BST36s. The float needle is likely to be the same as well, but I can't prove it just now. There is a listing for the '90-'97 Katana 600 BST33s, but I would have to get my hands on a kit to verify how complete the contents are (there is often stuff missing). There is also a kit listed for the '98-'06 Katana 600 and another one for the '98-'06 Katana 750 (neither will fit earlier models). Once again, I would have to see just how complete they are.

Would anyone be interested in the BST33 slide guides?

Regards,

Derek

Originally posted by 88kat60009 View Post
                why, when you look at the last one compared to the first two, the bottom is completely differant?
                Are you asking why the slide guide with 36000 miles on it looks different than the one that has 8300?

Regards,

Derek
                Last edited by moto; 10-15-2009, 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Are you asking why the slide guide with 36000 miles on it looks different than the one that has 8300?

Regards,

Derek

im asking why the one with 36000 looks diff from new and 8600. new like and 8600 are identicle (except wear of course) but 36,000 is totally differant at the bottom

Comment

im asking why the one with 36000 looks diff from new and 8600. new like and 8600 are identicle (except wear of course) but 36,000 is totally differant at the bottom
                    The only difference is wear. As the descriptions say, there is ~0.020" (0.51 mm) wear on the 8300 mile example and 0.075" (1.90 mm) wear on the 36000 mile example. Are you referring to the circular depressions which are absent on the 36000 mile example? If so, they are, as the description for that example also states, simply worn away.

Regards,

Derek

Comment

no i said i know the differance. look at the very bottom of the slide. the bottom of the new and the 8600 mile one has protruding lines. the bottom of the 36,000 mile one has more raised sections with grooves in it

Comment

look at the very bottom of the slide.
                        These are slide guides, not slides.
                        the bottom of the new and the 8600 mile one has protruding lines. the bottom of the 36,000 mile one has more raised sections with grooves in it
                        I can only assume that the confusion is arising because the top in the picture would be the rear when installed, and the top of the guide when installed is in front in the picture. Are you referring to side facing the viewer as the bottom?

Regards,

Derek

Comment

Hes talking about the tops of the slide guides they are a completely different design as in probably a diff model bike or carbs altogether

Comment

Originally posted by cleankat96 View Post
                            Hes talking about the tops of the slide guides they are a completely different design as in probably a diff model bike or carbs altogether
                            Both slide guides measure the same ID, a guy on the G list who sent the guides to me claims both were removed from BST36 carbs installed on Suzuki GSX1100Gs, and both fit in the carbs on two Triumph BST36 racks that I have here. The 8300 mile and new ones look like the ones installed in the Triumph carbs. The 36000 mile one is ~.037" taller, which makes the slide bottom at the top of the guide instead of the bottom.

Regards,

Derek
                            Last edited by moto; 10-16-2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

im talking about this part

they obviously arent from the same bike, unless they were changed at sum point between 8600 and 36000 miles

Comment

Working...
                              X