X

DAMN CARBS!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAMN CARBS!!

Hey guys! My name is Kelly, and I am totally new to bikes. Anyways, I just got my '90 600 rejetted for the Arizona heat. Sometimes, more prevalent during the day, I will pull away from the stoplight, and the bike just hesitates! As in WOT and only doing 1100 rpm. I have to either a.) let the clutch out and bring the revs up to 3000, or b.) coast to the side of the road where the bike dies when I roll off the throttle, and fire it back up. I then have to rev the bike a few times, and then let the clutch out at 3000 RPM again. It only does it in the heat of the day, thats why I think its the jetting. It doesn't do it as much in the evening or the morning-it doesn't matter if the bike is warmed up or not...
    Screw whales, Save the titties!

Have you cleaned the carbs? Maybe the needles need to be adjusted or adjust your fuel/air screw out a bit more.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Sounds like mine . I think I've gotten the plugs a little cruddy again from having my jetting off .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Kelly Could be a few things..
        I think Thazkat might be a big help here as he is
        not only a service tech but up until recently lived in Phoenix..

Comment

Well, I know the carbs were cleaned out because when I stopped by the shop to see the bike, my mikunis were totally disassembled...Idiot question...How do you adjust the idle mixture? Do the carbs have a high/low adjustment just like Carters and Quadrajets?
          Screw whales, Save the titties!

Comment

The fuel mixture is adjusted by screws on the bottom of the carbs, but they have to be driled out. The Idle is adjusted by the dial that comes out on the left side (while sitting on the bike) engine.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

SweetLou is on it.

That's a classic sign of a too rich pilot circuit.

Drill out the the caps covering the screws and turn them in a tad..1/8 turn then try.....1/8 turn then try.

I'd imagine that Arizona Heat had already done the drilling for you.

Higher temps lead to less oxygen per given volume.Lower air density.
              The problem is less of an issue in the morning and evening as it is cooler outside and thus there is more give O2 available.Greater air density.

Cheers

Buc
              it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Oh ya......Prob a good idea to syncronize the carbs aswell. That'll balance the carbs and all cylinder will perform equal.

Buc
                it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Working...
                X