Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Bike Is Together BUT Black Smoke And Flames!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think something else is wrong.

Best thing would be to take the them apart and have a real good look inside.
    it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

To set the pilots.

When the bike is fully warm'd.......

Blip the throttle when idling. If it revs up and the revs hang for awhile and then return to normal.....pilots are too lean.
      If the revs are climb and then dip below the normal idle speed....pilots are too rich.

Now this will change as the weather changes so don't get too hung up on setting.

Jetting has so many variables like temp,altitude,humidity...etc.

Buc

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

You say you still think something else is wrong. What else could be wrong?

Comment

Was it doing this BEFORE you messed with it ? Have you cahnged the plugs lately ? Maybe some carb parts are worn , or possibly weren't reassemble 100% correct . Or MAYBE the needles they sent you weren't right ...
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

may even be an issue with the ignition.
            If you're feeding the engine less and less fuel resulting in worse performance I'd be willing to bet that one cylinder is not firing as well as it should under load.

Buc

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

I changed the plugs recently but that was right before i took it apart and it was still running way to rich before i took it apart but not doing this back firing thing. Could it be because of fouled plugs? I moved the clip to the top position this morning and the black smoke is gone but when i hold it at 9 or 10 grand it backfires and flames.....

Comment

Working...
              X