X

Help on installing an alternator.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on installing an alternator.

Ok I found a used alternator, and I'm going to install it myself, I do have the bike manual, but as you all know, sometimes they leave out some details.
    So my question is, what things can go wrong with this Re/Re, what things should I look out for, if anything, or is this a simple straight forward change over. I am somewhat mechanicly inclined, but just wondering on any tips from you guys.

Its pretty stright forward....

The gear will either mesh or not, just tweak the gear on the alternator until it slips in. Three bolts and a wire harness and your set.

put a multi-meter on the battery and start it up.... make sure your charging

goodluck

KK

Comment

Yeah , that's about it . Maybe wanna put some dielectric greas on the wiring to keep it clean and dry , too . And I BELIEVE the bolts that hold the alternator MAY be different legths (?) ....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

re the bolts it depends, all 3 bolts for my 98 are all the same size.

Comment

Make sure you have good o-rings for it to, Ive had problems with them myself and just got new ones to put on mine, look at the fiche on ronayers, I believe its the one called service kit A.

Comment

Working...
          X