X

putting a new engine in my 93 600 katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting a new engine in my 93 600 katana

alright im putting a new 600cc engine in my 1993 katana what is the first step in taking to fix up this old bike.

now i am looking at a 1997 engine to put in it i am just woundering if it will fit and work alright in it? i figured i would go newer and with less miles to help the life of my bike..

thanks

as long as its the same CC and a pre 98 you should be all set

Comment

sweetness that will work great then.. appreciate your help

Comment

it doesnt have to be the same cc or a pre 98. If you can find one, go with a post 98 engine. The pre 98's have the infamous 2nd gear problem. The 98+ will fit right in with no problems and this would be a great time for you to bolt in a 750. Talk to Special K he always has a few "extra" engines just laying around.
        If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

thanks alot once agin.. this is a nice community i must say... helpfull one atleast..

i would like to stay 600 but i could always get the 750 and avoid wanting the more power that i already am dreading for grrr...

Comment

yea but if you stay pre 98 i believe they have a different cpu then the 98+'s so if he stays exactly the same he wont have to wonder about any wire or computer issues as far as a spark signal

Comment

I didn't change the CPU out when I put the 1100 in my kat 750, and I havehad no problems what so ever.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Shoot I built a 98+ 771 frankenmotor and I'm still using the 2002 CDI. All he really might need to change is the signal generator from his current 93 600 and put it in the 98+ motor.

Comment

I bought a 98+ for my 93 from Special K. Had no problems putting it in. Just use your carbs, starter, alternator and electronics from you old bike and you should have no problems.
                  sigpic93 Katana
                  98+ Rear Wheel 170/60/17 47 tooth Rear Sprocket
                  Vance and Hines SS2R Custom Airbrushing

03 Alstare 600
                  Salvaged title (lol)

Comment

Working...
                  X