X

PILOT SCREW SETTING HELP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PILOT SCREW SETTING HELP

Once again you guys are always a great help. I finaly get to put my KAT back together today and rider her. My last question is what the stock setting on the Pilot screw on the carbs usually is. Is it 2 turns? Right now my outter two are a half turn out more than the inner two. Is that correct seeing is how the outter two have bigger jets stock? I just want my bike all stock.

what bike? what year? what setup do you have? info buddy info!

Comment

1989 Katana 600. Stock Carbs, Stock Jets, But i took off the airbox and put little K&N's on each carb. My bad!

Comment

Hmmm.... well there's gonna be a problem if you put the single air filters for each carbs, since those are only designed to work with a stage 3 jetted carb..

What I would do is either get a stock airfilter, or the single K&N one, and tune your bike to stock specs...

And I believe stock air/fuel ratior screw is set at 2.5 turns out, but I used 3 and it runs better.

Comment

Yeah, 2.5 turns, if your running pods, then you need a jet kit though.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I was told i can use pods that it was no big deal. But even though the outter carbs have bigger jets still do 2 and 1/2 turns on ALL 4?

Comment

The pods are allowing a lot more air to run through, using the pods without a jet kit, is gona cause you to run lean. Jets cost like $6 bucks for 2, or about $13 (and that is with tax) for 4, plus the shipping from Dennis Kirk. And they only take a minute to switch out.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Ya but i dont want to put jets it in. Just uses more gas and i am not trying to race this thing. it's a beginers bike and it's old. just a to and from work cheapy.

Comment

Well in that case you have to remove your pods and use either the stock airbox or a K&N single filter....pods are only meant (and will only properly) work with rejetted carbs and a full aftermarket exhaust. Whoever told you you could use pods was wrong if he didn't tell you the repercussions (running extremely lean and rough)

Comment

Working...
                  X