X

Washers.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washers.....

I'm picking up a V&H 4 into 1 exhaust system tomorrow. I was told that I could put a .030" to .035" washer under the stock main jets to act as spacers to take care of the bike running too lean with the aftermarket exhaust. Does this sound okay or should I just purchase a jet kit?

Thanks
    Jeff

Are you going from stock to the full system? If so...sorry to say...you will require more than just the spacers under the needle clips.
    The needles are only 1 circuit in the carbs. The full system will flow more air through all carb circuits therfore all jets need to be altered.
    Jet kit recommended.

Buc
    it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Washers under the needles to raise them a bit, but you most likely will need new jets. you can get 4 new jets for like $13 bucks through Dennis Kirk. They sell them in pairs of 2 for like $6 bucks each.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I'm clueless to this stuff. Is there a standard size of jet I should look for? I've seen different stage jet kits. Is there a certain brand that I should look for? Is there somewhere on the net that I can get more information on this?

Thanks
        Jeff

Comment

Getting a jet kit would be the easiest soloutin , though a bit costly . They have a stage one kit , which is probably what you'll want . OR you COULD try shimming the needles like the one guy said , then changing the main jet until you find the right size (it's a trial and error thing) , AND drill out the EPA plugs to get to the pilot screws so you can reset those , which you'd have to do for a jet kit anyway . Yeah , just shimming the needles ain't gonna cut it , you'll have to do ALOT more than that . At least with the jet kit they'll give you instructions on how to choose jets and settings , and provide tech support and one free dyno run , usually .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X