X

i need some carb numbers and help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need some carb numbers and help

so i bought this carb setup that supposidly has a jet kit in it. i tried researching through this website to find out if i have it or not. an di got some bits and pieces but not the whole thing. i want to put this in tomorrow but i want everything to be right. so going through my "stock carbs" it has a needle with 5 notches but the main jet is 112.5

this one with a jet kit came without the main support and looked like it was pieced together. the main jet is 122.5 but the needle has one notch and has a 104 needle.

so whats the deal with this? did someone switch the stock around with the needle and someone didnt do the stage 3 one right???

any help in identifying would be much appreciated.

ok just pulled out the pilot jet and its marked 32.5 on both.. should i just pull the 122.5 jets out of the new one and put it in my stock since its in better shape. and my guess has the aftermarket needles..

ok i am giving up because i have searched everything pulled the carbs mostly apart and put them back together and i really cant find that much or tell since i have no clue what to look for. so now i have to wait for someone to answer me. for now i give up.

Comment

The needle should have about 5 positions on it. Even if it is a stage 1.

Read this for info on the difference size main jets that came with the kat stage 1 and stage 3 jet kit.

These are for a 88-89 600 which is what your profile says you have.

Comment

yeah my ride is an 88 however i put a 97 engine in it, i also found that same page for the one that i have.

i read that something has to be drilled where should it be drilled? i am assuming that there is no pilot jet that needs to be replaced.

Comment

You have to drill out the caps that go over the air/fuel mixture screws. They cover them so you can't mess with them (Something about emissions). pretty easy to do though.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

okay i am an idiot i over thought everything and made it harder than it was... but by the looks of it i just spent the extra money on something a guy went out and put new jets in and that it.... but the good new is i do believe the stock carbs have the right needles i think. but if someone could tell me what needles i should have that would be great.

Comment

Working...
            X