X

Newb question. . .Oil pressure light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb question. . .Oil pressure light

I have a 2000 750 I bought it used with 2200 miles on it. When I put the key in the run before starting up should my oil pressure light be lit?

My brothers 2003 600 does light up before the engine starts.

Could the bulb be burned out?

Yes it should be on. So the bulb is either burned out or you have short in the wiring. None the less it should be on when you turn the key on and go out after the bike is running.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
      Yes it should be on. So the bulb is either burned out or you have short in the wiring. None the less it should be on when you turn the key on and go out after the bike is running.
      yeah, what he said LOL
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

THanks! I'll check the bulb.

Comment

Yea. Do the bulb thing already! Done yet?

Comment

If the bike has any scratches on the front right hand engine cover, I'd suspect that it's actually the sender end of the wire that became disconnected (and regrounded elsewhere). Easier to check than the bulb, too...

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X