X

Synch problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synch problem

O.K. guys, hope someone can help. I have a set of vacuum gauges that I set up according to Haynes manual to do a synchronizing of the carbs. Set the gauges to 0 which I think is correct. Now I know there should be a little flutter on each needle, but when I started the engine all four needles looked like airplane propellors spinning like mad. Of course, you can't get a reading like this sooooo, what the hell am I doing wrong? Has anyone encountered this with vacuum gauges? Any ideas?......Thanks

I have the mercury manometers so I can't help you specificaly, but for my Motion Pro tool it needs the restrictor plugs in each line to prevent too much vacuum. Maybe yours is the same.

There have been others that have used the vacuum gauges so if no one pipes up you can search for it.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by eosrules View Post
      O.K. guys, hope someone can help. I have a set of vacuum gauges that I set up according to Haynes manual to do a synchronizing of the carbs. Set the gauges to 0 which I think is correct. Now I know there should be a little flutter on each needle, but when I started the engine all four needles looked like airplane propellors spinning like mad. Of course, you can't get a reading like this sooooo, what the hell am I doing wrong? Has anyone encountered this with vacuum gauges? Any ideas?......Thanks
      Your missing the restrictors to keep the needles from bouncing. It allows the vacuum to change slowly for the guage so you can read it.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

So that's what those little plastic things are !! LOL !!! Thanks for the info guys. Now could you help a little more. I'm assuming you open the plug enough to where the needle starts to flutter lightly. Is this correct? And by the way, I'm also assuming that the gauges should set to zero? I'd appreciate your response on these questions. Thanks again, you've been very helpful.

Comment

Working...
        X