X

Another exhaust question...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another exhaust question...........

I have been shopping for exhausts, and I've decided to go with the Yoshi RS-3 slip on. I've been told that with some exhausts you have to install jet kits to keep your bike running correctly, is this correct? If so , what is the best way to go with that, and what else am I going to need to keep my bike running as great as it has? All advice welcome, thanks in advance.

KMB

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

If you are only installing the muffler you do not need to jet....... period.
    However....all street bike are delivered a little on the lean side. Helps with emmissions.
    A little tweek on the needle wouldn't hurt.

Buc
    it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

yeah a slip on you will not ahve to jet.. but a full system you should...
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

With the RS3, you may found your bike going too lean at idle and on deceleration. The good news is that you don't have to buy any carb parts to correct for it. The bad news is that you need to drill out the carb pilot circuit screw covers to get at them and turn up the mixture by about 1/3 of a turn.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyber,
          How about a D&D slip on? do I need to rejet the carbs or adjust the mixture or can I just leave it like that for now until I got confident on working on carbs. I do notice that I heard popping noise during decelaration but my idle seems fine.

Thanks,
          Derick

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaDeckpi
            Cyber,
            How about a D&D slip on?
            Up it 1/4 to 1/3rd of a turn.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...