X

Lowering a Katana....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering a Katana....

How is the rear done? I've been told to use dogbones, but I'd like to see an illustration on it before I start with it. Want to go about 2" or so...

Gotta ask "why" ? You short ? Cause lowering it will just compromise conering clearance , and we got some fun roads around here to play on ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

1. A different spring (haven't heard of one that shortens the rear, but I'm sure it's out there)
      2. Different Dogbones
      3. Lower profile tires (from 80 to 60)
      4. A different Seat

of course, please match the front suspension.

Comment

It's not an "I'm short" thing.... I'm setting this one up for the street races here in town. Will only be riding it on the weekends going to and from the races, plus racing while I'm there. I know it's gonna kill the cornering abilities of it, but I'll be able to get out of the hole a lot harder that way.

Comment

Well , it's kinda tough to loop a Kat , since they're underpowered and heavy . Compared to other sportbikes , anyway . You could just twiddle your suspension , and maybe a tie-down strap for the front if you're gonna drag it . There are a few here who drag their Kats , and I don't believe ANY of them have lowered theirs ...

Comment

Have a friend that has a strap, going to try that first. Was just wondering in case I still needed to do something with it, or if I just wanted to do it for the appearence.

I know most Katanas are underpowered and heavy and all that, and I agree that mine is heavy, but with the few things I've done to it, it's actually pretty bad about trying to come back launching now, even if i hit 2nd too hard, it will come up again, and not just a little bit either.

Comment

I remember reading that the strap was a really bad way to lower the bike. From what I understand, all it does is just compress the rear shock (thus making it non-operational), plus they are prone to breaking. I wonder if it broke while someone was riding the bike if it would flip the person off
              "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

No , you strap down the forks , not the rear shock .

Comment

Oh, silly me
                  "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Working...
                  X