X

engine sounds like a sewing machine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine sounds like a sewing machine

I was out riding the other day when i suddendy lost some power and then a strange sound started. It sounds like a loud sewing machine, now i knew i needed some valve work done but could that be the sound. The bike idles at 1500 so it isn't missingthe plugs are burning fine and i touched the headers and all is hot there. Has anyone else had this happen to them? [/img]

With out a pictures of your new homemade clear turnsignals.......
    I doubt you'll get much help......
    it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Ouch, that has gotta hurt!!

89' Katana 600

Comment

Good one Buc
        Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

there is another thread here similar to yours. the advice he got was that the timing chain jumped a tooth.

oh and wheres the dam pics!

Comment

it isn't the chain.

and in regards to the clear turn signals the bike feel over and smashed one of them before i could take a picture.

Comment

so whats wrong with the other?

Comment

i took them off and through them away i will make another set in the winter. but this is not what the topic is about because i can't show pictures of the bike when it is all in parts. my main concern is getting it back on the road.

so can anyone help me???

Comment

How do you know it is not the timing chain?
                  Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

Originally posted by andrehendricken
                    i took them off and through them away i will make another set in the winter. but this is not what the topic is about because i can't show pictures of the bike when it is all in parts. my main concern is getting it back on the road.

so can anyone help me???

Sorry......you're right! I just couldn't resist. b

Ok...the 1st thing to check is the compression of each cylinder. Do a dry check and then a wet check.
                    Wet check - squirt a tablespoon of oil in the cylinder then check compression again...after the dry check.
                    The wet check will help seal the rings and gives an indication of how the valves are.
                    There should not be a large difference in the dry/wet test.
                    Check each spark plug for spark.
                    It sounds like you've lost either compression or spark in one of you cylinders.
                    You menitioned that each header pipe is hot at idle but if you have a weak coil you may loose spark under load.

Get back to us with anymore info and we'll be glad to help.

cheers

Buc
                    it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Working...
                    X