X

Carb Help STill!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Help STill!!

once again i am back with the same ol' question that everyone seems to have differant ansewers about. I have new needles that have 5 clip positions. The stock ones are set with only one position. When called my local shop they said put it in the middle spot. But you guys here seem to say the top clip setting. So does anyone really know where it is suppose to go stock?

Well , the adjustable (not-stock) needles are supposed to be set wherever the bike WANTS them to be set . Did you just get them to replace the worn out stockers or something ? If so , just hold them up next to each other and set the clip that way . Otherwise , you'll have to either pay a shop to set it for you , or do the trial and error test-ride approach . Here , you may want this if you haven't seen it already ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Re: Carb Help STill!!

Originally posted by doubledscar
      once again i am back with the same ol' question that everyone seems to have differant ansewers about. I have new needles that have 5 clip positions. The stock ones are set with only one position. When called my local shop they said put it in the middle spot. But you guys here seem to say the top clip setting. So does anyone really know where it is suppose to go stock?
      i don't think anyone said put it on the top position. we use the top position to count. top is #1 and the one closer to the taper is #5.

the clip position would depend on your set-up ( mods ) but the shop you called would be right in saying start at the #3 position. make sure you transfer all the washers & spacers to the new needle.

tim

Comment

Working...
      X