X

Need a 750 engine ASAP!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a 750 engine ASAP!!

I'm looking to do a 750 GSXR swap into my 91 kat 600. Must be oil cooled and carbed. If anyone in the southeast has one or knows where one is for under $300, let me know ASAP!!

I lost cyl 1&2 the other day. They already had low compression (75/90/135/145, 1-4) and now it will run, but like crap. Either rebuild it and fix second gear, or just do a swap. Hmmm.... not too tough of a choice when the parts to do a top end rebuild and second gear will run me over $400.

PM me if you know where one is or have one for under $300. Must have the tranny, engine, and carbs. Don't care if the carbs need to be cleaned or if the header is with. Would make things easier, but I'll spend some elbow grease to get her in shape. I'm about 20mi NE of ATL. I'll drive to AL, SC, TN, FL, or GA to pick it up.
    But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Mat 10:33

I could probably get you one from houston. Is that too far?

Comment

TX, FL, TN, AL? and how much?
      Last edited by smokintalon; 08-17-2009, 10:09 PM.
      But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Mat 10:33

Comment

Sorry, no 750s. Plents of 600s laying around though.

Comment

scratched the idea. Thanks anyway guys! Just tore into it yesterday and I've got rings coming. And second gear is getting fixed as soon as I work up the patience to check everything. The gears all look fine though. No excessive wear, broken teeth, etc. But I haven't checked the forks(to spec) yet, although they look fine. It would stay in second downshifting with very light throttle, but anything more than about 10% throttle and it would jump to neutral or 3rd. Would never even go into 2nd upshifting, just had to shift right past it. Any thoughts before I spend 2 or 3 hours checking everything to spec?

Thanks,
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X