X

would this fit??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would this fit??

I have a friend that is buying a wrecked 98+ katana. i have an 89 kat that i'm parting out. does anyone know if the forks from a pre 98 would fit on a post 98? also he needs the triple tree and was wondering if that would fit as well??
    -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

I belive the triple trees will fit.
    Not sure about the forks..
    Are the lowers different?

600 top triple tree will fit a 750 but the bottom part is different from 600 to 750
    (you didn't say if it was 600 or 750)

Comment

If you use the same forks and triple trees it should work. Use the 89 forks and 89 triples. I dont know if it would work if you mix and match.
      If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

thanks guys. its an 89 750 and 01 750. i'm selling the guy the forks and triples
        -jason

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

98 up forks are different. The triple is wider or so says SpecialK (I'll bet he's right). Should work as long as he is swapping complete tree and forks. Pretty sure head tube is the same size.
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
            98 up forks are different. The triple is wider or so says SpecialK (I'll bet he's right). Should work as long as he is swapping complete tree and forks. Pretty sure head tube is the same size.
            thanks jim ... he needs new forks & triple trees cause the bike he is buying off of ebay says needs forks and triple trees. so, if he gets this bike he'll be buying both off of me.

this is why i love this site! lots of great information from very knowledgable people jim, when we going riding? of course, before i do any twisty riding i want a new front tire.
            -jason

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Working...
            X