X

diff between 530 and 532?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diff between 530 and 532?

Over the last few years I have accumulated a chitload of sprockets. Mostly rears. however, i just kept tossing them in a box....some 532's and some 530's. now i can't tell which is which. how is the chain measured to distinguis 532 and 532? I have swapped rims/sprockets/chains around so much that I am not even sure what I am running anymore. i might even be running a mix. would kinda like to sort that mess out if anyone has some input on it. I have 9 rear sprockets...3 mounted on cush drives. I haven't got a clue what is what anymore.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Width. Link-to-link spacing should be identical, but the sideplate-to-sideplate width should be slightly wider on the 532 chain & the sprockets will match this wider fitment.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

2 , the difference is 2 .

(ok , it's the width )
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

From Dan's chain page
        Suzuki came up with an odd ball chain size called 532. It's a good idea no one seems to like. This chain is lighter than a 630 but stronger than a 530. I've only found Suzuki to use it on some of their bikes, no one else does. It can be hard to find. EK makes it and somebody else too, but I forget who !

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X