X

Riser/ new bar mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riser/ new bar mod

Well its almost complete. I bought an old set of bar clamps from an ATV. Then after alot of fabrication/ rigging, I am almost done and the new bars will be at least 2, almost 3 inches higher. New longer steel braided brake line, that was a must. Then routing the throttle and clutch cables on the opposite(inside) of the forks so they would be long enough to accomodate the higher bar set-up. and And aside from one set of holes I had to drill, everything will go back to normal if I decide to. I also got a gel seat, so along with the that, and the bar mod this thing will look and feel like a Kat as far as power, but have the comfort and long distance riding of a cruiser. I was wanting the best of both worlds and I think I got it. Im painting a few parts now, final assembly tomorrow, then I will post pics.
    Custom flat black,pin stripes,mesh mod,Custom fender eliminator,signal integrator,Custom handlebars,New smoke screen,Braada cowl soon,clear signals.Later-Jet kit,K&N air filter ............................

Pictures are a must. Sounds interesting.
    Bike is sold

Comment

I bought a set of height- and angle adjustable clipons best off two worlds I guess.

Comment

what triple trees and forks are you using? She is looking awesome!!
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Do they make clip-on's like that for the Buell Firebolt's? Anyone know????
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

These are made by www.MR-Motorradtechnik.de (german firm) and the range goes from 41 till 54 mm clampdiameter
            So they should fit the firebolt.

@Thazkat
            Triple tree is a GSXR, USD is made by Moko, ulltralight 54mm diameter.
            (you can find some pics in the album)

Comment

Heres a rough pic, close to done
              Custom flat black,pin stripes,mesh mod,Custom fender eliminator,signal integrator,Custom handlebars,New smoke screen,Braada cowl soon,clear signals.Later-Jet kit,K&N air filter ............................

Comment

that would cost way to much to get sent over here LOL
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Heres some final pics. Rides like a Kat, comfort of a cruiser. This was a whole lot cheaper than buying another (longer distance) bike. I used image shack, click on photos for much better views. This was a hard mod with lots of fabrication, but soooooo worth it.

Comment

Looks very comfy Katana Nate, nice job!

Comment

What bars did you use?

Thanks

1995 Katana 750

Yosh Exhaust, K&N Jet Kit, K&N Pod Filters, Corbin Seat.

Also installing a 92 GSXR 750 rear wheel (5.5 inches)

Comment

But does it affect handeling in twisties?
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I used some bars I got from my local shop. I dont quite like them, look to curvy, Im going to replace them with a set of straight bars(drag) with a slight pull back, I havent tested them through the twisties, but its not all bike that makes it through the twisties. I rode my gsxr awhile back with a guy riding an old 70's honda kickstart bike, and he was hard to keep up with. Experience beats the handling of the bike BY FAR in my book. Ill update as soon as I get one of the rides to the lake. (twisties galore!!!)

Comment

Working...
                          X