X

Storage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage

Being that I'm currently out of the country, I was wondering since my bike won't be ridden for atleast 6 months is there anything special that my girl needs to do to my Kat? It'll be stored indoors but are there any additives it'll need? All responces would be greatly appreciated. Before anyone ask (Sweet Lou I'm looking in your direction ) No, you can't ride it for me. Later All....

KG. Give me her number and I can go over there and check it out. All she really needs to to do is start it up every so often.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
      KG. Give me her number and I can go over there and check it out. All she really needs to to do is start it up every so often.
      Sweet, her number is, 615-......Hold it just a minute! What do you need the number for? Nice try, Thanks for the info "HS".

5 minutes, 10, any specific amount of time? She starts it when I call and runs it for about 10 minutes.

Comment

Have her ride it at least twice a month, or else put it in storage mode.
        Katana 750 2002

Comment

I can ride it for you....

Actually, if you don't want to ahve to bother starting it up, this is what you do....

Drain the carbs and tank of all gas. Gas that sits in the carbs will varnish and gum up the carbs. so unplug the tank from the carbs, and run the bike till the bike dies from running outa gas. It may take a bit, the carbs hold quite a bit of fuel.

After the bike cools, top off the oil. I mean, literally, fill it till you can'
          t put any more in it. Disconnect the battery, maybe look into investing in a trickle charger that will keep the abttery at charge (without over charging it). Plug up with exhaust with paper towles or something of the like to keep stuff from getting in there.

Walaa!

Thats what we do here to winterize our bikes. Just remember before starting it when you are done storing it to drain the oil. Do a full oil change on it, that way you will get out water and any contaminates that may have accumulated. Also, you will need to turn your petcock to Prime to refill the carb bowls before starting.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Man, You guys are the greatest! I appreciate it! Later

Comment

So, do I get to ride it?
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                So, do I get to ride it?
                When I return, your the first!

Comment

Originally posted by KatGemini1975
                  Originally posted by SweetLou
                  So, do I get to ride it?
                  When I return, your the first!
                  Sweet, maybe I'll let you ride my insane machine

It surprises me still!!!!

It wheelied on me the other day, and I didn't even try, nor was I expecting it!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                  X