X

Intake boots need replaceing!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake boots need replaceing!!!

So I go my bike running good. Took it for a nice ride the yesterday. And the F**king carbs pop right out of the intake boot on the engine. An i was looking for intake boots at bike banit. And they have Aftermarket boots.
    I was wondering if anyone esle has try aftermarket boot or just keep the OEM Boots.

Are you sure you need new ones? There's a ridge in the boots that fits into a groove in the carbs. If the carbs aren't fully seated they'll pop off pretty easilly.
    sigpic
    »Ross Wendell
    »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

You can put some vaseline on the insides of the boots to get the carbs to seat better. Make sure your clamps are backed off all the way before pushing the carbs into the boots too. When they are seating correctly and clamps are tight you won't be able to pull them out at all.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I've noticed the older the carb boots get the harder the material becomes and as was said the more difficult it can be for the carbs to seat in the grove.

I've had to use a 2x4 piece of wood and a hammer to reinstall the carbs once. Then once I replaced them, the carbs slip in and out easily.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Odd , I got near 80k on my bike , and carbs still come in & out easily enough , and stay put when Im done . You sure you're bolting the airbox back in properly ? That kinda helps hold the carbs in place as well .....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

My old gpz -600 they were hard and two were shrunk - poped out a little on the back side but never had a problem with idle ..bike bandit has them or look around , some places think there gold and others can be had for 12 bucks each

Comment

How much r the aftermarket boots. has anyone used them good ,baf

Comment

There's aftermarket boots?
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04