Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Aftermarket gauges, Tach, Speedo, etc. Work with the Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket gauges, Tach, Speedo, etc. Work with the Kat?

I was wanting to redo my gauges with some that look more modern. The fuel gauge doesnt work in the first place, and I'm looking for an aftermarket tach and speedo that will work with the Kat. (1993 600)

Speedo (the 160 one):

Tach (the 14k one)

Doing these and making a custom panel for them. Maybe even a clock on there so I know how long I've been riding.

Anyone know if these will work? I don't know exactly how the Katana Tach and speedo work.

Thanks,

Sam

we have the same bike (year and size) and have thought about it for awhile, so i'd be interested on anything you may find out. pm me anything you find out and i'll do the same.

BTW - you might want to check this out

i originally was gonna use Autometer Gauges, but it cost too much $$$ so when i saw this, this was the way i was going. cheap for a complete set of gauges and it even has a shift light.
    PAUL
    93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

There is also the Veypor motorcycle computer. Gives you quarter mile times, HP, and lots of other extras. It is also a lot cheaper, I think like $240 bucks or something.

Speedwerks carries them as well.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by seqx34
        i originally was gonna use Autometer Gauges, but it cost too much $$$ so when i saw this, this was the way i was going. cheap for a complete set of gauges and it even has a shift light.

$550 for a set of gauges aint expensive???!!! A little bit more money and you can get a running Kat in the US...
        Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

Anyone know if digital gauges will even work with cable driven gauges? If so, I'm definately getting the Apexi Rev/Speed Meter. I had the VAFC for my Prelude and it was easy as hell to install. Basically are the wires going to the gauges signal wires or just power wires?

I dont have my kat here right now, I'm just making a list of things to do when I get it back.

Any help?

Thanks

Comment

I know you can get a sort o connectorblock with a built-in hall-sensor, which will do the job depending on the way the digital gauge gets/creates its signal originally.

Comment

Working...
            X