RPM BOUNCING

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM BOUNCING

can anyone tell me what can i do to correct this:

after i warm up the bike, it wont idle steady. the tach bounces from 1500/rpm to 2000/rpm (you know that Vroom-vroom-Vroom-vroom sound)and stays that way. even while riding, when on neutral while on a red light, it stays the same. i tried adjusting the idle screw very little (just enough to where it idles at 2000/rpm) and 5 mins. later.......same freeking thing happens. i'm now at a point where its pissing the hell out of me. so any help will be appreciated. thanks.

BTW ~ whats the ideal setting for the idle screw? i've had mine at 1500/rpm since owning the kat, does that sound right? thanks!
    PAUL
    93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Sounds partially like my problem at http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8066
    my idle is fairly stable though. I've finally got a new set of carbs coming off ebay, tired of messing with it. Gonna blow the old carbs up or something if these new ones work, along with my dynojet kit.
    haha

Comment

check where the choke cable meets the carbs. the rod on mine has a slight bending in it and if i don't push the rod in all the way my engine will bounce from 1500 to 2000 as well

Comment

Working...
      X