No announcement yet.
X

98+ Lift Kit (Custom Shortened Dogbone)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98+ Lift Kit (Custom Shortened Dogbone)

Hey guys... I've been wanting to left the rear of my katana, kinda like Speedee (i think) has. I talked to ProMachining (ebay) and he asked me for some dimensions and said he can maybe work something out for me.

My question for those of you w/ a 98+ that has been lifted... what dimensions should I give him. I don't want to go overkill and screw up my handling... i'm wanting improved handling and looks. Also I'm installing an Ohlin's rear shock very soon (thanks Cyber) so I need to stay compatible with that also.

My second question... who all would be interested in one of these? Maybe I can talk him into a deal on a group buy.
    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

the shock & the dogbones are two different issues. i made two custom sets of dogbones ( the first was too much ).

i would suggest ( maybe cyber has it in the works ) on adjustable links. going through all the work and finding you would prefer it a bit higher/lower sucks.

i think there are a number of companies that sell bones for the kat already - but only 1 ( that i found ) that has adjustable ones.

tim

p.s. you'll love the ohlins shock ! a huge improvement

Comment

who sells the adjustable ones?
      I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
        who sells the adjustable ones?

i think i saw another set somewhere ( cheaper ) but a quick search didn't produce anything.

tim

Comment

Working...
        X