X

1995 600 8k sputter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 600 8k sputter

just put on a v and h full system. and i know it has a k and n filter in it. i'm thinking it needs to be jetted? lookin for feed back. good power to about 8k. then its spittin at me...it had a goo 6.5k surge but i did some valve adjusting and that seems to be gone.
    1995 katana 600

Definately needs jetting if it's not before. While your in there, do a full cleaning, check your emulsion tubes, replace all the rubber, sync them afterwards, and you should be good to go.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Have you pulled the carbs out to see what the jetting is now? Read up on jetting here grasshoppa.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

grasshoppa haha thanks dude
        1995 katana 600

Comment

damn that probly means denver is out for the weekend
          1995 katana 600

Comment

Full exhaust AND a K&N filter? Yeah...you need to start working on your jetting.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
            X