No announcement yet.
X

I'm fubared i think :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray has got it spot on thats exactly what it did on my old b12 motor & its done over 6k miles since with no problems

I have a question though was this crack definately here before you swapped over the idler gear etc ? the reason i ask is i'm not 100% sure the 600 & 1200 parts are compatable, it may be worth double checking to save yourself even more greif
    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

According to Ron's fiche the part numbers for the clutch are the same (i think) but the gears is different... the parts are not clearly listed though so i'm just assuming

The bandit gear is solid while the kat gear has 3 holes. I held everything up next to it all the teeth match as well as the diameters...

All the part numbers have been superceeded by the same number so i'm pretty sure im good

As far as the idle gear crack i can't be 100% certain it was there before i started the motor. I do know that i started the motor with a crack in the main gear though I'm just assuming they are related to each other, cause there is some scoring on the right hand side of the case probably caused from the original bandit gears that were in it...

I'm I wrong?

Does anyone know how much that idle gear turns when the motor is running?
      Last edited by RaiderRC; 07-02-2009, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X