X

Fouled plugs??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fouled plugs??

I'm on vacation this week so i said hey why not put a new air filter in.. lol After getting all my parts in last week and fixing things from the wreck i had.. I guess i was in the mood to do a little more work on her... Everythings been fine since i got her put back together.. Went on a long ride this past weekend.. So anyways.. I get in there today and put in a Uni filter.. Bike wouldn't start.. I about drained my battery trying to get it to start.. So i put the OEM filter back in and put the battery on a little charge to boost it back up.. I waited a while and went back out there to start her up.. Again still wont crank.. But she's trying too.. Then all of a sudden a backfire of sorts.. Then a little smoke out of the tailpipe.. I got down there and smelt of it.. Smelled like it was flooded.. I'm guessing i need to take my plugs out and wipe em down?? Or do you think i've fouled the plugs.?? Any help will be appreciated..
    sigpic

Sounds like fouled plugs to me. My RF600R was doing this earlier in the season so I swapped in a set of hotter plugs (NGK CR8E) until the weather warmed up. I've since put the cooler plugs (NGK CR9E) back in and haven't had any issues.
    1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Thanx!!
      sigpic

Comment

Double check the part numbers as I'm not sure if the RF's water-cooled engine uses the same plugs as a Kat's air/oil-cooled mill.
        1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Gotcha.. Ordered some plugs from CP yesterday.. Will get things fixed soon
          sigpic

Comment

Plugs will be outbound on Wednesday, and you should expect to see them Friday

Meanwhile, if you pull your existing plugs, you can compare them to this chart from NGK to try to figure out what's going on:

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X