X

Possible Clutch cable fail

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Clutch cable fail

Recently, when I release the clutch lever, it doesn't go all the way back out like it normally would. I would have to push the lever back out and it make a clicking noise. This hasn't effected the actual clutch, but does this indicate the clucth cable maybe failing? Thank you for any input.
    Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Maybe cable and maybe clutch pushrod worm gear is dry but then again, maybe a combo of both items needing lubrication. Possibly the spring on the worm gear too.
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
      Maybe cable and maybe clutch pushrod worm gear is dry but then again, maybe a combo of both items needing lubrication. Possibly the spring on the worm gear too.

Good idea. I'll give that a try.
      Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

Um...adjust the slack in the clutch cable. I keep the width of a quarter as my freeplay rule, any more and I have to push the lever back like you are talking about.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
        X