X

tail lite went out tonite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tail lite went out tonite

my tail lite went out tonite a taxi driver pulled me over to tell me,very nice of him now heres the stupid question,what sort of bulb do i get for the tail lite for a 93 katana 600,sorry for all the questions

Should be an 1157. Any Auto parts store should have it for a couple bucks.
    sigpic

Comment

the part number of bulbs are usually stamped onto the base of the bulb
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by scottysags View Post
        Should be an 1157. Any Auto parts store should have it for a couple bucks.
        +1

Standard automotive two-filament brake+running light bulb with two raised contact points on the bottom and the ground through the sides. Typically runs under $3 for a two-pack.

SPECIAL CAUTIONS:
        Standard wattage is 5/21 watts (5 watts running light, 21 watts brake light). Do NOT get over-wattage 1157 bulbs from the brake/running light bulb (not H1157 bulbs!). If you want to upgrade, ask for a 2357 bulb instead, which sucks the same wattage on running light, but increases wattage on the brake filament by about 25% and doesn't increase heat-output significantly.
        If going with LED, make sure the LED's focus angle is a wide beam (as verses to narrow focus) and that it is designed to be used without any special resistors external to it.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X