X

Rough Idle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Idle

Finally got the panels back from the paint shop, got her started and running again, lovin life. One problem, it's running kinda rough...She takes a while to warm up, as I've heard kats are very cold blooded, and the idle bounces around like 2 to 3 hundred rpm's. I'm thinking a carb sync could potentially fix this problem but i wanna get some other ideas before i start with that. Also when i drop it into first gear when she's cold it makes quite the thud, is this normal? help me out you kat-lords
    "If you aint first, you're last"

Most likely normal on the shift noise... Mine does it. As long as it's not pulling in gear, probably fine.

Running rough?... clean and sync the carbs would be the most like response. But also make sure the basics are covered... fresh gas, clean air filter, good plugs.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah what Kreylyn said. Also possible for rough idle with tight or loose valves?????????????<>

Comment

Originally posted by waffenampt View Post
        Yeah what Kreylyn said. Also possible for rough idle with tight or loose valves?????????????<>
        True dat... probably should make sure all general services are done.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X