Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

where to buy feeler gauge and spar plug wire gap???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy feeler gauge and spar plug wire gap???

After reading many threads about valve adjustment here I decided to go ahead and do the valve adjustment myself and invest the money on the tools that Im gonna be buying but I can't seem to find the right feeler gauge to use anywhere, I went to sear and all local auto shop and can't find one with an increment of 0.01mm its always with an of 0.03mm or 0.05 mm so where does everyone get theres from? what brand? also the spark plug wire gap checker?

Also do I need to do a carb sync right away after adjustibng the valves? or can I do that later on (gotta come up with a carb sync tool)

Thanks,
    Derick

Re: where to buy feeler gauge and spar plug wire gap???

Originally posted by KatanaDeckpi
    After reading many threads about valve adjustment here I decided to go ahead and do the valve adjustment myself and invest the money on the tools that Im gonna be buying but I can't seem to find the right feeler gauge to use anywhere, I went to sear and all local auto shop and can't find one with an increment of 0.01mm its always with an of 0.03mm or 0.05 mm so where does everyone get theres from? what brand? also the spark plug wire gap checker?

Also do I need to do a carb sync right away after adjustibng the valves? or can I do that later on (gotta come up with a carb sync tool)

Thanks,
    Derick
    They are not easy to find at all. I have a set I bought many many years ago and am glad I still have them cuz all the new ones are like you said.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

actually I just googled "feeler gauges" and ended up with this site.
      Here is a nice selection. More than you find in the stores around here.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Auto Zone ? I have a couple sets of feeler gauges , and they were all easy to find , and will all work just fine . Only a couple of the feelers will actually work , but that's enough .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I second Auto Zone. That's where I ended up buying mine.

Comment

Wierd..
            I never thought that a feeler gauge set wouldn't "work"...

I have an old Craftsman set..

Comment

Working...
            X