X

Non-dot turn signals?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-dot turn signals?

Hey had a question for your guys. Just ordered a pair of turn signals and looked at them today when I went to pick them up. The package says they arent dot turn signals and not replacments for dot turn signals? So if I put these on my bike "rear signals" it will fail inspection? Why would they make turn signals to put on your bike if they arent turn signals? wierd?
    Last edited by waffenampt; 06-26-2009, 10:55 PM.

Depends on how tough the inspector is, my friend failed his because his seat was ripped? go figure. Use the stock ones and then after the inspection swap em out.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by waffenampt View Post
      Why would they make turn signals to put on your bike if they arent turn signals? wierd?
      BECAUSE you will buy them
      I bet getting DOT aproval is very costly compared to the fine print on the package
      they declare them for off road / show use
      this way you cant hold them responceable if you get fined
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Depends on the state inspection laws.

NC it doesn't matter, as we are not required to have any turn signals on the bike at all. They don't even check to see if the one's on it work most times.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i wouldn't worry about it unless they are really tiny or are spaced very close together. like rexazz2 said DOT approval probably has something to do with $ or red tape. i have some nonDOT rear signals and they passed NH state inspection no problem. i believe they use the same bulb as stock, the only diff is the color is slightly different.

Comment

They make them for "show use only" alot of stuff you buy now a days that aren't street legal or dot legal are posted "show use only" that is they do not meet the standards and don't want to be held responsible if something happens. But there the best looking stuff most of the time.

Comment

Those are the details for your state. Turn signals are required, and non DOT approved could be declined... the likely hood of that is pretty small I would say as long as they are functional, and follow the specifications as outlined in the linked PDF.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X