X

stage 2 jets on pre 750 a/f recommendations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stage 2 jets on pre 750 a/f recommendations

i have a 91 750 and just installed a set of carbs off ebay with stage 3 jets and pods and it seems to run ok through the rpm's but the idle wants to hang around 2k a little and after sitting at a stop light for a while it hesitates right at take off then clears up but only does it if i'm sitting for a while. any suggestions on a/f settings or ideas on what might clear this up. thanks, corey

Originally posted by cchatterson View Post
    i have a 91 750 and just installed a set of carbs off ebay with stage 3 jets and pods and it seems to run ok through the rpm's but the idle wants to hang around 2k a little and after sitting at a stop light for a while it hesitates right at take off then clears up but only does it if i'm sitting for a while. any suggestions on a/f settings or ideas on what might clear this up. thanks, corey
    try increasing the a/f screws by 1/4 turn and check again.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

FWIW got mine running decent with 2 and 3/4 turns..

still gotta bump the throttle to keep idle up sometimes until warm tho..

Comment

thanks for the info guys i'll try setting them all at 3 when the old lady gets home i got the kid now.

Comment

thanks, but i just robbed the floats out of the carbs for my old ones and i'm gonna wait til i get aftermarket headers to put the stage 3 back in DJ says you can run stage 3 with stock exhaust but i think it was running a little too rich on the top end with 144 jets.

Comment

Working...
          X