X

Help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?

2000 600 kat. Decided to lube the throttle cables, choke cable, and clutch cable by disconnecting the control (handlebar) ends, the using a baggie as a funnel and sprayed lube in the bag, letting gravity do the rest. Got everything done and put back together, now the bike won't start. I have power to the dash, headlights, even horn, but nothing to the starter. It's like the kill switch is on, or the clutch isn't squeezed. Since I worked on both sides of the handlebars, I don't know what the problem is. I considered (after doing a search about clutch cables on here) that maybe the clutch cable came undone at the other end (I didn't pull the clutch cover) , but when I squeeze the clutch it does seem to spring back to place like normal, leading me to think it is still connected at the clutch side. Since I took apart the throttle side, I thought maybe I messed up a wire to the starter switch or the kill switch, but I have gone back and taken them apart and don't see any flaws. I also checked the ignition fuse and main fuse thinking maybe I blew one somehow while working - both good. The bike is on the center stand, in neutral, and ran fine yesterday (I say that so people don't think I left it in gear with the kickstand down). Any insight on this would be most appreciated, as I am trying to get this done soon before it gets too hot out. Thanks.

Ship
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

OK, problem solved. Connector under clutch lever came off. Didn't know there was one there, but thanks to reading NUMEROUS other threads I found out about it. Must have popped off when I pulled the housing apart for the choke cable. Lesson learned. At least I didn't go through the trouble of pulling the clutch cover off, which would have been my next task. It's getting too hot already!
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X