X

Clutch cable connector/clip snapped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch cable connector/clip snapped

Im unsure of the components name but its the clip that holds the bottom of the clutch cable in position.

The damn thing snapped the other day, i attempted a putty/zip-tie method to produce a temporary fix. This worked great, for 4 miles... It then came loose and my bike is now parked about 3 miles away :/

So here I am, aching and tired, asking the gurus for help

The pivot arm and everything else in this area functions correctly, its just the clip at the end of this arm that should hold the clutch cable as it enters the casing.

There doesn't appear to be anything appropriate on ebay, is the part available anywhere? (UK) However I would prefer to not spend money, any advice on ways of fixing it with more common/everyday components? (I don't weld)

Thanks fellas.

i had a similar problem with my 96 katana 600. the lever and clip were available for order at my local suzuki dealer. cost maybe 15 bucks for the parts. try this link...

is it parts 23 your talking about with the clip on the right side?

Comment

Yes thats the part, im going to call a local motorcycle breakers tomorrow. Im not sure if the suzuki dealership near me actually does bikes, just cars..

Comment

o ok, I just tore my casing off last night thinking I broke a clutch cable again. It wasnt the cable. The clip I just showed you snapped, so now I have to order one from my dealer. If all else fails for you, bikebandit.com sells the part, I think it said it was $33.00 plus shipping but dealers are usually cheaper than bike bandit. goodluck

Comment

Hah thats unlucky mate.

A local dealer quoted me £35 ($57)!! just for the small lever.

I went down to a bike breaker to find many many similar levers, but none exactly the same. I bought a similar one for £5.

Then proceded to hack off the clips rivet with a screwdriver/hammer. (dont have a grinder) I then managed to widen the holes with a drill and bolt the new clip to the old lever. (two nuts tightened together to allow the clip to move freely)

Works like a charm

Comment

good job with the fix!
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

if its just a clip then make one thats what i did and its better then the old one
              but if its the whole cork screw assembly then buy a new one

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob35 View Post
                Yes thats the part, im going to call a local motorcycle breakers tomorrow. Im not sure if the suzuki dealership near me actually does bikes, just cars..
                Suzuki car dealerships cant order motocycle parts, they are technically two different companys. Sucks I know, I work at a Suzuki Car dealership.
                Originally posted by arsenic
                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                X