X

Fuel filters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filters

Anyone use fuel filters on there kats? I installed inline filters on each line, but havent ran it yet since waiting for the rest of my gas tank to get finished up. I always used a fuel filter on the old yz250 but never used one on a katana. I see some guys saying to take them off on here? why is that?

Originally posted by waffenampt View Post
    Anyone use fuel filters on there kats? I installed inline filters on each line, but havent ran it yet since waiting for the rest of my gas tank to get finished up. I always used a fuel filter on the old yz250 but never used one on a katana. I see some guys saying to take them off on here? why is that?
    For the pre kats, fuel filters restrict the flow of gas to the carbs, starving them and reducing performance.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

even the high flow filters ?

Comment

even the high flow filters ?
        I tried many different filters, and none of them worked for me, all of them high flow...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

visu::filter

Oh damn really. The only reason im trying to use fuel filters is because the tank is so rusty. I bought these filters down at a little bike store they are called visu::filter high flow paper filters, they claim to flow 7.5 gallons of fuel in 1 hour gravity fed. Im hoping they work for me cause I dont want to tear down the carbs everyday to clean the rust out of the pilots.

Comment

For my Post, which your not talking about, I have no issues with my in-line fuel filter.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Oh damn really. The only reason im trying to use fuel filters is because the tank is so rusty. I bought these filters down at a little bike store they are called visu::filter high flow paper filters, they claim to flow 7.5 gallons of fuel in 1 hour gravity fed. Im hoping they work for me cause I dont want to tear down the carbs everyday to clean the rust out of the pilots.
              Tried that with my wife's Ninja... filters cloged up enough to restric flow after running a 1/2 tank....

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

use the filters but take the tank off and take it to the car wash with out the pitcock wash it out and fan dry it . or use POR-15 in the tank some guys use CLR THEN WASH IT AND FAN DRY IT REAL GOOD AND USE THE GAS FILTERS YOUR NOT DRAG RACING ARE YOU

Comment

I use inline filters . I have them near the carbs so they face almost straight down . I have no problems with them . I like the extra peace of mind . I been running them almost since I got the bike 7 years ago . I use the ones you get at ANY bike shop for like $2.49 .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

every fuel system has a filter of some type
                    if you have a rusted tank, drain it and POR15 it.
                    There you go...new tank
                    install a highflow filter and your all done

BTW clean your carbs, rust will still be in your carbs

I use this type on just about every bike... no restrictions like paper filters
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

No I dont drag race im just looking to do some high speed cruising. Oh and I use that type of filter with the brass in it with good results on yz250. I figured id go with the paper filters cause I figured they catch the fine rust stuff. How many microns do the paper filters go down to compared to the brass filters?

Comment

Working...
                      X