X

HELP!!!94 600 clutch cable broke at work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!94 600 clutch cable broke at work

Got off the highway this morning headed to work and as I reached the next to last corner and grabbed the clutch lever it felt loose, I looked down and the cable was holding on by a strand. So needless to say, I grabbed the lever and it broke right near the lever and adjuster. I remembered reading a post about clutchless shifting and went really slow less than 1/8 of a mile into work. I drove into the parking deck and parked it. My question is I have a 40 mile ride back home, can I make it back without the clutch cable, and if so, how do I take off without clutch cable?
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

man.. that sucks to hear. a clutch on my old GPz was just about to fray off so i shifted without it from work, but i did have it to get going. depending on where you work you could rig something up till you get back, but if thats not possible this is what i would do.
    push it to get it goin then pop it in gear ( like if your battery was dead) that way your not sitting at a dead stop trying to put it in 1st.
    dont horse it in any gears on your way home and if you have stop light on the way just slowly go up to them till they turn green

Comment

those a good suggestions, however I live 40 miles away and will probably be caught in stop and go traffic, not to mention the light at the top of the hill leaving work. How long does it take to change a cable and how difficult? Might try to get my wife to find one locally and change at work.
      FROM WORK:
      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

well i just bought mine not too long ago and have not had to change it, doing others i dont see it being to hard just extra work cuz of the plastic.
        here is a thread i found where u can read up on the manual. best of luck
        A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
        mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Comment

Takes longer to get the plastics off then it does to change it out. You will need a 4mm and 5mm allen wrench to the plastics off as well as the clutch cover. You will need a 10mm and 12mm to get the cable out of the clutch cover. The 10mm will also be needed so you can slide the tank over out of the way. Go look at my how to on clutch adjustments. You will see what I am talking about as fas the cover. You will also need a flat head screwdriver to get the cable out of the back of the cover. Hope this helps you out. If you never done it before take about 45 minutes or so. Just make sure to route the new one like the old one.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
          X