GSX 600FJ 1989 Firing Order ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX 600FJ 1989 Firing Order ??

Hi There,

I have a GSX 600FJ 1989 model. It has recently been playing up, and not starting. I've got new ignition coils and don't know the firing order? I think it might be 1&4 2&3 Does it matter which lead from the ignition until goes in which, or does 1&4 fire at the same time, then 2&3 fire at the same time. Sorry I'm not very mechanically minded!

Yes. The 1&4 can be switched around as they fire at the same time, same with the other. Just make sure you don't put the 1&4 onto 2&3, then you are out of time.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the information. I'm still a little confused as how to know which one is 1&4 and which is 2&3? My left hand side ingtion coil feeds into 1&4 and right side feeds 2&3. Also I fitted new coils last night and had new plugs but am getting a very weak spark? I though new coild would fix this, but what else could it be? Starter solenoid? Weak battery? Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

Starter solenoid wouldn't effect spark but a weak battery would. If your firing order was off it would backfire and puke. I think that sounds correct the l being 1&4 and r being 2&3.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Would a bad earth possibly be the reason for a poor spark?

Comment

Bad earth (ground as we in the states say) could cause the same symptoms as low voltage. The coils are grounded thru the ignition control module, that is how they are "fired". Do you have a voltmeter? If so check your available voltage, first at the battery then see what's available at the coils.

Comment

Working...
            X