X

Clutch will not engage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch will not engage

I installed a new clutch cable on my 1992 750 katana an now the clutch will not engage at all now?????????????
    Last edited by hercules; 06-20-2009, 09:42 PM. Reason: left out clutch

What process did you use for its adjustment?

Comment

Did you hook the cable up right? Lock it down on the countershaft cover?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

make shure you thread the cable the exact way the old one was
        and ill try to find a post on adjusting the clutch

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
        mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

there use that guide
        Last edited by ICEG; 06-21-2009, 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I have a 1992 Katana 750. When I have the clutch pulled in and try to shift into first gear or 2nd it dies. I hear hear the plates grab but grind slightly. The guy I bought it from had no issues at all riding it.
          I have tried to adjust the cable. When I look at the cable it seems to move as it should but either it's not pulling the inside enough or the cable is bad is all I can come up with. I know when you have the clutch fully engaged and put it into gear it shouldn't just die.

Trying to make this as painless as possible without spending a fortune to fix whatever it is. Any thoughts that I may be missing here cause I'm getting highly peeved real quick.

Comment

It will die if the side stand is down. Or your side stand switch isn't being made for some reason. Mine rubs on the exhaust and I have to kick it with my heel to fully lift it.

The side stand switch is just forward of the side stand pivot, it looks like a large nail.
            If you try and shift into gear with out the side stand up it kills the engine..

If you have ever cornered with your side stand down.. You would know why..

And even though this is a 2 year old post it means you used the search!
            Last edited by Black_peter; 04-29-2011, 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah I forgot that they put safety switches on the stands to keep from engaging and dumping over. I didn't check to see if the stand was secured all the way against the plunger.....took it out a few minutes ago and ripped it up. Man it feels good to ride again. Been since 2008.

Comment

grats
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                X