X

help please no spark!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please no spark!!

this problem is on a 1998 suzuki katana 600. bought the bike from a friend that layed it over on its right side. the bike has no spark on any cylinder. signal generator pick up coil ohms out to about 174 which is within spec. coils ohm out fine. spark plugs are brand new along with spark plug wires. thought is was the cdi box that was the problem but bought a known good one and still no spark so cdi box is not it. i bypassed the key switch cause my friend lost the key if that has anything to do with it. so anybody got any suggestions?

ok now i know exactly whatswrong. the cdi box is not grounding the coils. what would cause this? the cdi box is good

Comment

The slodigin on ur modggins loose

Comment

Eliminate the obvious, get a key switch. I tried to by-pass a snowmobile once and had the same thing happen, new switch fixed it.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

its offical. you can not bypass the key switch on a 1998 katana 600...suzukis anti theft attempt works great

Comment

Working...
          X