X

91 Kat 600 weak spark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Kat 600 weak spark

i just got this bike given to me...the spark is very weak...any ideas what to look for?....thanks!!

What makes you think the spark is weak?

Comment

spark test

i used a snap on spark tester...one of the ones that look like a spark plug with a clip that you hook to ground...so..after that was real weak...i held the plug wire...and i felt ti..but not like i should have...lol

Comment

Make sure the spark plug boots are screwed onto the wires well, check wiring for good connection to coils. Is battery charged? A weak battery will kill a Kat too.
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

The spark on a Kat is alot weaker than one you would see on a car. If it sparks at all, I'd be willing to say that is not your issue.

What is the problem the bike is having that makes you wanna test the spark?

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X