Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How do I disconnect the kickstand cutout switch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I disconnect the kickstand cutout switch?

When engine braking to slow coming downhill my kickstand usually comes down a hare on me (has happened once engine braking into a turn) but enough to kill the engine. Its more of a pain than anything, coming to a light (I hit lots in San Diego) downhill and it cuts out on me (I just added a post about my starting problems) but Ive got it mastered to where I notice that its not running I kick up the kickstand while still engine braking enough to pop start it running again but with a nice loud backfire once upon restart. Is there a way to just disconnect the kickstand cutout? Its not like my kickstand falls or anything just maybe the 1/8" or so to activate the kill of the engine.
    Thanks
    ftn807

I think it would be safer to just order a new return spring. You could probably find something useable at a hardware store. Disconnecting a safety is usually never a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
      I think it would be safer to just order a new return spring. You could probably find something useable at a hardware store. Disconnecting a safety is usually never a good idea.
      +1...buying a new spring is the best option.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

thats what it looks like Ill do. I didnt get into tearing it apart or anything to see how I could easily fix it. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by ftn807
          thats what it looks like Ill do. I didnt get into tearing it apart or anything to see how I could easily fix it. Thanks for your help!
          5 minute job....nothing to tear apart.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

It can be "fun" getting the spring back on..
            I also support the "fix it" mainly because you don't want that side stand #$%^$ you up in a turn!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
              It can be "fun" getting the spring back on..
              I also support the "fix it" mainly because you don't want that side stand #$%^$ you up in a turn!!!
              +1

I'll PERSONALLY vouch for that one *still hurts thinking about it*
              -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Working...
              X