X

bandit swap carbs help *pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandit swap carbs help *pics

Okay so i said i was going to get pictures of my problems. I need help ID'ing these babies. I don't really want to do a full on tear down and rebuild but i have a few questions

1. Carb ID
    here are the numbers i know i can search for it but can someone just tell me. My understanding is the bandit carbs don't fit on the katana air box. I am comming to a different conclusion... aka someone change the main bandit swap procedure because from what i see it dosen't make sense

here are the carb ID's

what i think is bandit

what was in my kat

kat carbs on bandit motor

the slight difference to get the airbox lined up isn't much

This is the bandit carbs on the kat airbox... yes i have put the bandit carbs on with the airbox and it all fits??? am i out of my mind???

carbs side by side

katana (sorry im not cool with a mic)

bandit looks like larger opening

Okay question 2a

does the bandit only have 1 gas line which would mean i need to block off one of the tank ports on my kat tank?????

question 2b

what are the WTF ports are they for emission??? do you just get a rubber cap and plug them? the left one is covered up but it looks the same

3rd question this looks really bad huh? i did 1 motor flush just ran it through with oil... whats weird is nothing came out of the oil drain...

Last pic could be the starter sprag coming apart, in any event it would be worth the time to take it out while your right there to get a good look.
    As for the hoses, I recall my 04 Kat having the same number and locations. You have one fuel inlet, 2 overflow and 2 that go to the evaporative canister (which you don't have). As for the evap hoses, I'd recommend connecting hose to them and running those down with your overflow hoses. Also it is recommended to run those evap hoses up and over the air box as opposed to straight down.

Comment

your saying the green wtf is apart of the evap system? can i just connect them together to keep the vac system in check?

the air vent my assumption is they go p over the tank correct?

can you block off one side of the kats tank petcock?

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderRC View Post
        your saying the green wtf is apart of the evap system? can i just connect them together to keep the vac system in check?

the air vent my assumption is they go p over the tank correct?

can you block off one side of the kats tank petcock?
        The green is the CA model evap system, yes. If not in use, just cap them off and your fine. Mine are that way now.

The Air vents can be left as is, or if you want to put hoses on them then just drape them over the airbox, and down out the bottom. (if the bike ends up on it's side gas will pour out of the vents, with hoses you have a little more control on where the gas goes)

You can cap off one side or the other of the Pre Kat petcock if you only need 1 gas feed, or Y both sides into 1 line, or swap the petcock to a 98+ petcock which has only 1 gas output.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X