X

Rough start when warm.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough start when warm.

93 kat 600 i can start the bike easy when its cold but after it warms up it does not want to start. i have to choke it to start it. Also idles perfect around 1200-1500 when choke is on but dies when i let it off. Any suggestions.
    Acts like choke is reversed. is it possible to put the spring on wrong? which way is the rail supposed to be choke on and choke off?

thanks

That is weird. The choke pushed back is off, pulled forward is on. As for the rest,
    Let's go riding!

Comment

when sitting on the bike the rail is to your right when off and to your left when on.

Comment

87 octain fuel is adequate for the Kat but I have noticed that running premium fuel when it is really hot I get better hot starts
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Hm, 87 might help but I've never heard of that.

Comment

only run 93. new plugs. firing strong. its just not 100%

Comment

weak battery?

Comment

Originally posted by 600Katana View Post
                only run 93. new plugs. firing strong. its just not 100%
                You're wasting your money.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                X