Needle Adjustment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turning in is more lean.. turning out is richer

___

As far as the pilot jet size was concerned, he didn't know what size was included in his kit for this application. I guess it is a little comforting to know that someone else has experienced the same vibration after removing the header welds. TMod- did you ever try changing the pilot jets to the larger size yet yourself?
    Last edited by Cheriff; 07-14-2009, 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukii600 View Post
      im so confused, cause i simply asked which direction to turn the a/f screws to make it leaner or richer, not why i have a hesitation and how to fix the problem, i am more than happy to spend the next week making adjustments, sorry if my ambition to make do with what i have already is not welcome
      You stated this
      i got a question as i am having some problems with the mentioned nasty hesitations
      My answer implied that no matter what you do you are going to have this issue with that setup. I am sorry you don't care for my answers but I was just trying to save you some time.

Tmod

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
      turning in is more lean.. turning out is richer

___

As far as the pilot jet size was concerned, he didn't know what size was included in his kit for this application. I guess it is a little comforting to know that someone else has experienced the same vibration after removing the header welds. TMod- did you ever try changing the pilot jets to the larger size yet yourself?
      Not yet but I think I will be doing this shortly, I need to put a fitting in the collector so I can hook up my wideband and go for a ride.

Tmod
      Last edited by Tmod; 07-14-2009, 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post

Not yet but I think I will be doing this shortly, I need to put a fitting in the collector so I can hook up my wideband and go for a ride.

Tmod

Sounds like I need to just deal with it a little longer and wait for your results. I would prefer to work on it once after knowing proper ratios then the trial and error method. Going the whole sensor route is a little out of my league.

This whole thing reminds me that I should get some of those long reach A/F screws so the carbs don't need to be removed to make the adjustment.
        -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
          This whole thing reminds me that I should get some of those long reach A/F screws so the carbs don't need to be removed to make the adjustment.
          I've seen some advertised fairly cheap (less than $10 totals including shipping) but wasn't sure they would fit (was on a harley site). If you find the source for ours (or can verify any source that will work on ours), would love to see the link for me to get a set as well.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I will dig into it a bit. I remember seeing a set of "long boys" (or something like that) at factory pro maybe. They were around $50-$60 a set. I got to the site by following a link from here.

----------------------------
            Boo-ya-kaa

factory, bandit, gsf, 1200, carb, carburetor, carburator, tuning, stage 3, config 30, stage 1, mikuni, BMC, air filter, auto, automotive, motorcycle, ega, exhaust gas analyzer, factory, Aprilia, bandit, Honda, BMW, Buell, cbr, cbr600, ec997, eddy current, gsx, gsxr, ignition advance, Indian, jet, Kaw, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Mikuni, Keihin, Harley Davidson, r6, salvisberg, shift kit, tuning, billet, engine cover, dyno, dynojet, power commander, 100, 150, 200, factory, emulsion tube, needle jet, transmission detent, allen screw, racing, sounds, frame bumper,
            Last edited by Cheriff; 07-14-2009, 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
            X