X

bandit swap probs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandit swap probs

Okay so i can't get the carbs tuned for beans. The carbs that came with the bandit actually fit with the stock airbox... WTF is that possible cause everything i have read says it shouln't. Anyways i put the carbs that came with the bandit on and it only runs with the choke on and i'm pretty sure the floats are stuck because gas pours out of the body

So i stuck my kat 600 carbs on which were working fine before. It starts up and only runs with the choke on... I'm assuming it just needs to be tuned. I hate tuning.

Sounds like it bikefires through all the intake ports... also backfires through the exhaust sometimes... Does the problems sound primarily like tuning problems?

Anyone in the portland area want to come help?

I'm surprised to hear that the bandit carbs fit the kat airbox. Are you sure they are the bandit carbs?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

set the idle higher then turn the choke down see if that makes a difference

you might be running lean or rich ....check the af screws they should be 2.5 turns out i think

Comment

as far as i know the carbs that came with the bandit engine match. however the inlets seem to fit my box

side note
        the bandit only has 1 fuel inlet while the kats usually have 2 right?

i will take pictures when i get home but i fee somethings messed up

Originally posted by ICEG View Post
        set the idle higher then turn the choke down see if that makes a difference

you might be running lean or rich ....check the af screws they should be 2.5 turns out i think

i turn the idle up hardly 1/16th of a turn and the motor revs and backfires
        Last edited by RaiderRC; 06-17-2009, 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
        X