X

8000 RPM idle!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8000 RPM idle!!!!!!!!

ok so my bike was running like crap only firing on a few cylinders after i filled them up with fuel with a broken petcock so i changed plugs and wires ....and boom it ran better then it has in a very long time ...BUT it idles at like 8 grand so i started checking the carbs pulled them off and cleaned them made sure boots were tight, checked for vacuum leaks none that i can see throttle blades are closed the slides are fluttering between 1/2 and 2/3 open i cant let it run for long as my bike is very loud and my neighbors are old any ideas?
    You exhibit an overexuberance in all respects that cannot be satisfied. Your attitude and ego are over the top, yet you actually have the skills to match. Its infuriating. People would hate you, but you're too damned nice. You always ride like its your last day to live, and leave bystanders vaguely aroused. Your bike is the Ducati 996. Sex on wheels.

do you have a idle screw? do you think it may be pinched causing a high idle? was the idle this high before you monkeyed with everything?
    Bling....

Comment

it would idle at 1200 befor
      You exhibit an overexuberance in all respects that cannot be satisfied. Your attitude and ego are over the top, yet you actually have the skills to match. Its infuriating. People would hate you, but you're too damned nice. You always ride like its your last day to live, and leave bystanders vaguely aroused. Your bike is the Ducati 996. Sex on wheels.

Comment

Is your choke closing when it should?
        '98 Suzuki GSX600 Katana

Comment

the throttle cable isn't in right. When you took the carbs off to "clean" them. The throttle wasn't put back right. It pulling the throttle open. That's why it idles so high. BTW, feel free to tell me that's not it. After trying to justify why it's not, you realize it is.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            the throttle cable isn't in right. When you took the carbs off to "clean" them. The throttle wasn't put back right. It pulling the throttle open. That's why it idles so high. BTW, feel free to tell me that's not it. After trying to justify why it's not, you realize it is.
            I love this guy!!!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Mine did that. It turned out my throttle cable frayed and wouldn't let it close all the way. Cables are cheap.
              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                There's no way thats what it is! Impossible I say!
                Originally posted by arsenic
                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                X