X

help!!! start up with video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!!! start up with video

ok so in the first few mins of the start up she sounds normal... then you can hear it go to this missfired drone kinda 2stroke sound.

anyone know of this issue?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx4M0gesG6E"]YouTube - MOV04425[/ame]

For one the choke is being left on too long and fouling the plugs.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Plugs pics are in my garage.
      Last edited by smokeshow81; 06-18-2009, 10:43 PM. Reason: link no worky

Comment

Can't see the plugs pic. I see you have aftermarket exhaust. Anyone monkey with the jetting? Sounds like it's flooding out.
        Last edited by kevin2502000; 06-15-2009, 05:17 PM.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

First off, you put the choke on, good. Then you cranked the throttle while trying to start, no good. Also if you crank the throttle with the choke on you are fouling your plugs. If that bike doesn't start with the choke on only, take a close look at your carb's. I'm convinced that an older bike needs attention in the carb area. And not just spraying carb cleaner in them.

Comment

Could this be a bad coil and only 2 spark plugs work?

Comment

post some pics we can see or post them in your garage pics

Comment

Ok I've got some pics up in my garage... here's an update.
                #2 boot keeps vibrating off the plug. Not sure if any others are doing it.
                The bike heavily backfires when letting off the throttle and misfires or has hesitation in the top end.

Comment

like I said in your first post- you are running way lean. Your plugs are white. Your flowing to much air and not enough fuel. That explains your hard starting also. Although you dont need to give it any throttle with the choke on. Did they rejet at all when they put the exhaust on? Your k-n might also be contributing with this lean condition. If you have a stock filter you might want to try that one instead. If that doesnt help bigger jets are required. Also check for air leaks around the carb boots to the engine by spraying pentetrating oil around while running. If it starts running smoother you have a air leak.
                  Last edited by waffenampt; 06-15-2009, 10:05 PM.

Comment

going to go get some new plugs today, I'll also pick up a filter. check with the penetrating oil too... I know I've had a few issues trying to get the airbox to sit right. Might try to reset the A/F as well.

Comment

Those plugs are TOAST. About the cap that keeps coming off, if it's stripped you can buy a new boot end, they just thread on and off.
                      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Replaced the plugs today... cut back and rerouted the wires from the coils. Much nicer now. Whoever worked on the bike before labelled the coils 1-4 and 2-3. Still has an issue with the top end.

Comment

K&N
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ok people this is what a lean engine sounds like, if it were rich it would run alot smoother. Especially on a cold start. Its almost so lean that its popping back into the carbs. You need bigger pilots and bigger mains, also might want to set the needle higher. Try running your bike with the gastank latch somwhat open to make sure you dont have a vacuum problem not letting enough fuel to your carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by waffenampt View Post
                              ok people this is what a lean engine sounds like, if it were rich it would run alot smoother. Especially on a cold start. Its almost so lean that its popping back into the carbs. You need bigger pilots and bigger mains, also might want to set the needle higher. Try running your bike with the gastank latch somwhat open to make sure you dont have a vacuum problem not letting enough fuel to your carbs.
                              Sorry, I'm still not going to agree with you. Every symptom points the other way. Except for all the pics that were posted and dont work.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X