help!!! start up with video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics in my garage aint workin for ya?

Comment

did the duct tape help? try covering the outside air filter round hole 1/2 to 3/4 of the way to reduce air flow. It should run better. Oh and nice bike pic. bike looks tight dude wish myne looked that way. Im currently sanding down the 10 or so paint jobs my fairings have had on them over the past 20 years.
      Last edited by waffenampt; 06-18-2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeshow81 View Post
        pics in my garage aint workin for ya?
        Didn't realize they were also in your garage. The plugs don't look horrendous.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Didn't realize they were also in your garage. The plugs don't look horrendous.
          Plugs aren't horrendous - but if you look closely at the 4th one (last on right), you'll see the corners of the center electrode are rounded, instead of sharp - those plugs have lived a long service life, give em a decent burial.
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
            Plugs aren't horrendous - but if you look closely at the 4th one (last on right), you'll see the corners of the center electrode are rounded, instead of sharp - those plugs have lived a long service life, give em a decent burial.
            Not saying it wasn't good to replace them, but there have been worse
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ok so I duct taped the air box and here's what I got.
              Hesitation (dare I say flooded) popping from anywhere below 8000rpms if I crack it 1/2 to wot. If I give it a 1/4 turn in the handle it's fine.

Any more and she doesn't want to go and then after 8000 everything comes together in a symphony of power that rockets me quicker then that bike has ever moved before.

Comment

How bout the way I taped the box up? Would it make a difference if I taped around the outside of the hole and left a hole directly in the middle or if I just tape bottom up. Not sure if it's gunna make a difference in how the air gets sucked in.

Comment

are you looking to solve the problems or just mask them? What does this bike have for carb set up?
                  K&N? stock air box?
                  full header or slip on?
                  jet kit?
                  what size main fuel jets?

Comment

I have no idea... never really had a real good look at all the reciepts that came with it.

Anyways... stock air box I believe, I have the carbs out right now and am currently breakin em down. The needles have 5 spaces and they are set on 3 or middle at the moment.

float bowls are covered in crap... nice rusty color comming out.

Needles state: 5FZ102 and a diagram of a small square in a bigger one in front of the 5. Not sure if anyone knows the make.

Already lost a vaccuum o ring from sneezing. one from the cap on top. Wondering if I should attempt to take the emulsion tubes out with the floats. Not quite sure how to remove the floats properly without breakin em.

Oh and I've installed a stock air filter.

Comment

Stop and go to carb's 101. It will show you not everything but enough to get you thru this. Lost "O" ring is no big deal. Go to Harbor Freight and get the metric "O" ring set for $10.00. Make sure it is the Nitrile kit. I am using some of the seals in my carb's now. If you are on a no money budget they will work. If you change any other seals always use a seal from the kit that is a tad smaller than the original. The only seals you can not use from the HF kit are seals for the air/fuel screws. Or go to your dealer and get what you need. I just read you have a 600. I don't think there is much of a difference from the 750 carb's. If you don't think you can do the carb's, ask someone that can help.
                      Last edited by Kfreak; 06-19-2009, 08:53 PM.

Comment

needles are stock mikune from europe. Search actually worked for once...
                        everything seems really new so is there a way to just clean the emulsion tubes where they sit? I'd rather just try to clean the assembly together and not risk anything else.

how do I clean the rubber gaskets and diaphrams?

no one can help from my little corner of the world
                        Last edited by smokeshow81; 06-19-2009, 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Carb cleaner and compressed air with safety glasses on. Clean the diaphrams with a mild soap and water then dry. That is the recommendation from other members.

Comment

you have to check to make sure the passages are free of rust, and old gas sludge.Its best to do a carb soak , but if you dont have that its best to use carb cleaner and a carb cleaning wire to make sure the small passages are all clean. Use compressed air to blow out all passeges with the jets out. Then make sure the piolt circuit flows fluid by putting the spray tube from the carb cleaner in the passage way and shooting each passage way to see if fluid comes out of each circuit. Check the jet numbers and check to see if they are factory. Depending how gummed up the carb is could it explain it running like that or it could be because nobody rejetted it richer after they put the pipe and k-n filter on.

Comment

I did check the site for previous threads and it turned out they are stock jets from europe. Apparently mechanics out here wouldn't know what to do with adjustable ones.

If they are stock and are set on the middle one should I just leave it with the stock air filter or should I adjust it to the next level for richer. (up or down?)

Ok so I just tightened in all the A/F screws... 1.5 to tight, 1.75, 2.0 and 2.25.
                              So with that my question is:
                              we count the turns as 1 being an full complete turn right? 360degs.
                              does it matter if the screws all start in different positions?
                              Last edited by smokeshow81; 06-19-2009, 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

So what size pilot jets and main jets does these carbs have. -=-= As for the clip on the needle. Putting the clip on the end of the needle is the leanest setting. Anything lower than that is getting richer = letting more fuel in. Just lightly seat the a/f screws then count the revolutions of each screw-no each screw is different the heads arent going to match up perfectly
                                Last edited by waffenampt; 06-19-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X