X

Cluch replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cluch replacement

I`ve been looking at the manual for a cluch replacement. It look like all that`s needs to be done is to remove the side cover and the 4 spring bolts remove pressure plate and then remove all the plates, install the new ones.
    Sounds to easy, I`m sure i`m missing hard part. other than the $$$.

Never replaced the plates, but I have taken them all out, and that's about it. You may need to replace the gasket for the sidecover, and be prepared to catch the oil that drains out when you pull the cover off (or drain the oil before starting). Mine had six bolts, not four though.

Comment

Ditto for me. Removed and put them back in and thats all there was to it.

Comment

For me, doing the clutch was very easy. Just like what was said, pop off the cover, remove the spring bolts and remove and replace the fibers and/or the steel plates. Just use a new gasket.

Be aware that there is one steel plate and one fiber late that is different then the others.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I replaced the clutch in my yamaha and it was very easy, just remove and put back the same way. took about 30 minutes.
          98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home

http://www.ghall1.com/videos/motorcy...C%20VIDEOS.htm

Comment

Great! now maybe I`ll try it. Thanks

Comment

there is a little spring loaded button in the middle of the clutch that can be adjusted but I did not mess with that. It probably is used to adjust the pressure on the clutch plates.
              98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home

http://www.ghall1.com/videos/motorcy...C%20VIDEOS.htm

Comment

Working...
              X