X

Fire breathing kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smokeshow81 View Post
    aftermarket air filter, like fram or something.
    What's that saying about not making the same mistake twice?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ok try this. Block off half or more of the round hole on the outside of the airfilter with duct tape. If its running better you have lean jets.

Soo glad to know this site... went to order a new filter and the guy suggested that I use pod filters on it. Pretty sure I read somewhere on here that the airbox is a much needed part due to vacuum requirements of the top end.

So anyways I've got some new things on order... all the pieces that connect the airbox to the carbs. $35x4, aftermarket air filter, like fram or something. Then there's the new tread, rear disc and pads, front pads, headlight setup (she's going naked), and of course the carb cleaning and bench test as the mechanic called it. Guessing thats what he calls a sync.
      Bench testing is using a can of carb cleaner and spraying each fuel circuit to make sure it flows fluid through it.
      Last edited by waffenampt; 06-18-2009, 11:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

ok I'm game... duct tape eh?

and my parts supplier said hes getting me the aftermarket filter that has the same airflow as the stock one. Not actually fram just another company that does bike filters. If I was using a highflow filter like frams, k&n etc. Then yes I should think that I'd be quite the fool.

Oh and today is roadtest day... off the L and onto the N.

Comment

ok I'm game... duct tape eh?

and my parts supplier said hes getting me the aftermarket filter that has the same airflow as the stock one. Not actually fram just another company that does bike filters. If I was using a highflow filter like frams, k&n etc. Then yes I should think that I'd be quite the fool.

Oh and today is roadtest day... off the L and onto the N.
          Mmk. If it's got the same flow as stock then why buy aftermarket? Just a thought...

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I guess more Pleats.. It does help! Im the Swimming pool industry, the higher pleat count on a Cartridge Filter Insert, Better cleaning compasity, but still same flow.
            If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

Originally posted by GSXF 600 Guy View Post
              I guess more Pleats.. It does help! Im the Swimming pool industry, the higher pleat count on a Cartridge Filter Insert, Better cleaning compasity, but still same flow.
              You're talking about fluid dynamics, air doesn't get pushed like water through the filter. It gets sucked in, a lot less force. Not saying it doesn't apply...

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                You're talking about fluid dynamics, air doesn't get pushed like water through the filter. It gets sucked in, a lot less force. Not saying it doesn't apply...
                Very ture.. Either way, stock is stock. If you get aftermarket you get a pretty sticker to add to the bike

Comment

headlight setup (she's going naked) Oh no your stripping her down to the frame? Well heck if you want that kind of bbike I have a old cb750 supersport that shoots flames out the tail pipe also. the fairings make the bike dude

Comment

Aftermarket = 30dollars
                    Suzuki = 50dollars

some things you just dont buy from the manufacturer

I'm still torn on the naked idea but if I'm tearing her down everyday for 2 weeks I'm going to seriously get turned off by fairing bolts

Comment

Aftermarket = 30dollars
                      Suzuki = 50dollars

some things you just dont buy from the manufacturer

I'm still torn on the naked idea but if I'm tearing her down everyday for 2 weeks I'm going to seriously get turned off by fairing bolts
                      It's a good point, but if the new one doesn't help then your stock Suzuki filter (which is guaranteed to play nice) now cost you $80 instead of $30.

You're right, some things you dont buy from the manufacturer (exhaust, undertail, cowl, rims, brakes) and some you do (air filter, oil filter).

Comment

I just looked at the pricing for a air filter for my year (01) both non stock and stock, there was only a $5 difference. Me personally, dont see a difference in pleats or material. Who knows..

Comment

Working...
                        X